General Terms and Conditions of Use
These General Terms and Conditions are meant to define the ways in which the services of the website unemployaid.com, hereafter "The Service," are made available, as well as the conditions of use of the Service by the User. Any access and/or use of the site www.unemployaid.com constitutes an acknowledgement and unconditional acceptance of all of these Terms and Conditions. They are, therefore, a contract between unemployaid.com and the User. If the User does not agree to all or part of these general terms and conditions, he or she is requested not to use the Service in any way.
The website unemployaid.com is published by:
Mettmenriedstrasse 15, CH-8606 Naenikon
The director of publication is Hervé Schilling
The hosting company is
4416 Louis B Mayer
Laval, Quebec, H7P 0G1
(Mon-Fri from 10h00 AM to 17h00h PM GMT -5)
+33 1 76 60 41 43
- User: The User is any person who uses the Site or one of the services offered by the Site.
- User Content: The term "User Content" designates data sent by the User to various areas of the Site.
- Member: The term "Member" designates a User logged into the Site.
- User Name: The term "user name" refers to all information needed for a user to log in to the site to access areas which are reserved for members.
- Password: The "password" is private information which the User must keep secret, and which, in conjunction with his or her User name, is used to verify his or her identity.
Accessing the Service
The Service is accessible at no charge to any User with Internet access. Any costs related to accessing the Service, whether they be costs for hardware, software or Internet access, are solely the responsibility of the User. He or she alone is responsible for the proper functioning of his or her computing equipment as well as for his or her Internet access.
Some areas of the Site are reserved for Members who have logged in with their User Name and Password.
Unemployaid reserves the right to refuse access to the Service, at its own discretion and without prior notice, to any User who does not comply with these conditions of use.
Unemployaid takes all reasonable measures at its disposal to ensure quality access to the Service, but is under no legal obligation to do so.
Additionally, Unemployaid may not be held responsible for any network or server malfunction, or any other event beyond reasonable control, which would block or diminish access to the Service
Unemployaid reserves the right to briefly suspend or interrupt access to all or part of the Service without any prior notice, for necessary maintenance or any other reason, without this interruption of service subjecting Unemployaid to any obligation to compensate for it.
The website unemployaid.com, and in particular its content, is protected by French law. Unemployaid and Hervé Schilling are the sole owners of all intellectual property rights relating to content on the site (including text, photographs, illustrations, images, logos, etc.).
The texts and illustrations which are explicitly licensed under the Creative Commons licence may under certain conditions be reproduced, distributed or modified without necessarily requiring permission to do so.
The content reproduced on the Site is subject to copyright and its reproduction or distribution, without the express written authorization of Unemployaid, constitutes copyright infringement and may be subject to criminal penalties.
"Unemployaid.com" and "Unemployaid" are registered trademarks of Unemployaid. Any unauthorized reproduction of these trademarks, logos, and distinctive signs constitutes copyright infringement and may be subject to criminal penalties. Violators face civil and criminal penalties.
The User alone is responsible for the User Content that he or she puts online via the Service, as well as for any texts or opinions that he or she writes. The User expressly grants to Unemployaid, at no charge, all intellectual property rights related to the User Content, in particular reproduction, depiction, and adaptation rights, for as long as the term of copyright protection lasts. He or she also agrees that this data does not infringe on the protective interests of any third party whatsoever. To that end, he or she absolves Unemployaid from any claim, based directly or indirectly on this information and/or data, that may cause any legal proceedings whatsoever to be brought against Unemployaid. He or she also agrees to bear any costs, of any kind whatsoever, resulting from said third-party action against Unemployaid, including lawyer's fees and legal expenses.
Unemployaid reserves the right to delete any or all User Content, at any time and for any reason, without warning or prior notice. The User is not entitled to any compensation should this occur.
To respect the privacy of its Users, Unemployaid guarantees the User the right to correct, access, and remove data concerning said User. The User can exercise this right:
- on the site, in his profile page;
- by using the provided contact form;
- by contacting unemployaid directly at the following address:
Limitation of Liability
The website unemployaid.com is an informative website and a tool about job search dedicated to help job seekers to organize and remember the different phases of their search.
Information distributed on the website unemployaid.com comes from purportedly reliable sources and its Users. Nevertheless, Unemployaid cannot guarantee the accuracy or completeness of this data. Furthermore, information is provided on this website for information purposes only, and may not be construed as advice or recommendations of any nature whatsoever.
Consequently, the Use of information and content available throughout the site shall not incur any liability whatsoever to Unemployaid. The User alone is responsible for the proper and judicious use of the information provided on the Site.
Furthermore, the User agrees to hold harmless and indemnify Unemployaid for any damages that may result, directly or indirectly, from using the Service.
Access to certain areas of the unemployaid.com website requires a User Name and Password. The Password, chosen by the User, is personal and private. The User agrees to keep his or her password secret and not to divulge it in any way whatsoever. The use of his or her User Name and his or her Password on the Internet is done at the User's own risk. It is the User's responsibility to take all measures needed to protect his or her own data from any disclosure.
Unemployaid, however, agrees to implement all means necessary to guarantee the security and privacy of data transmitted. The User is aware that one or several cookies, containing no personal information, may be placed on his or her hard drive in order to facilitate the login and identification process.
The User is aware of the limitations and restrictions of the Internet, and recognises that it is impossible to guarantee total security when transferring data. Unemployaid may not be held responsible for any loss or harm arising from the transmission of any information, including User Names and Passwords, via the Service.
Unemployaid may not in any case, as far as the law applies, be held responsible for damage and/or harm, direct or indirect, material or immaterial, or of any nature whatsoever, arising from any unavailability of the Service or its Use. The term "Use" must be understood in its broadest sense, to wit, any usage of the Site of any kind, whether legal or not.
The User agrees to comply with all regulations provided for by local law.
unemployaid.com includes hyperlinks to websites published and/or managed by third parties.
As Unemployaid cannot control these external resources, the User recognises that Unemployaid takes no responsibility for them, and cannot be held responsible for their content.
Unemployaid shall not be held liable in the event of force majeure or any events outside its control.
Modifications to this Contract
Unemployaid reserves the right to modify the terms and conditions of this contract at any time.
The User is therefore advised to regularly consult the latest version of the Terms and Conditions of Use available at www.unemployaid.com.
Duration and Dissolution
The contract is agreed to for an indefinite duration, beginning with Use of the Service by the User.
Data Protection Officer (DPO)
Our DPO is Hervé Schilling
You can contact him
- Using the form
- "Contact us" available at the bottom of the page or here Contact us
- By email at
Methods of securing your data
unemployaid.com abides by key safety recommendations that may have evolved after this document was written.
- The site is accessible only in SSL (encrypted communication protocol verifiable in the address bar of most browsers).
- Sensitive data is encrypted in the database.
- The user (or an explicitly authorized coach) only can access to the user information thanks to a cookie whose content is also encrypted.
- A htaccess file secures exchanges and access to the site by prohibiting risky transactions (Allows only SSL transactionsm defines the Content Security Policy, prevents XSS and MIME attacks aso.).
- Various security techniques such as the use of hash or third-party resource verification keys, escaping forms fields etc. are also used to avoid known attacks techniques of hackers
Unemployaid.com does not trade or exchange any personal data with third parties.
We collect some necessary to the good run of our services:
- Your email address
- It is used to login to the website and is kept encrypted in your login cookie and in our database.
- It is also used to contact you when needed (in case of data security alert) or at your request (newsletter, reminders, etc.)
- Under no circumstances will it be shared with a third party.
- Your first and last names
- They are only used to create the cover letter template with your mailing address.
- They are kept clear in our database but can be deleted or modified from the profile form without any further impact on the operation of the site. Only your cover letter template will be affected.
- Your postal address
- It is transformed into geographical coordinates using a Google service.
- In this exchange, we only send the postal address to Google. That is why we advise you not to include your surname.
- It is transmitted anonymously to the geolocation service which in return sends us your longitude and latitude.
- Your geographical coordinates
- They are transmitted without any other personal information in order to preserve your anonymity, for users located in France only (according to the stipulated address) to the Pôle-Emploi tool "labonneboite" which returns to us the list of companies likely to hire around this specific location.
- The website and its services are free for individuals with one exception: the expanded list of geolocalized companies outside France in the nearby-enterprises service.
- But if you want to help us by financially contributing to the project, we won’t say no! To allow this, we use two external secure payment services:
- The online payment service.
- A system for creating contribution pools for specific projects.
- When you click on the link, you are directed to their website.
To sum up:
These services are likely to place cookies on your computer,or access and update unemployaid.com’s cookie
In third party services, we have
- for Google Analytics and site attendance statistics.
- for the conversion of postal addresses into geographical coordinates.
- Or rather the "labonneboite" service which will receive only your latitude and longitude information plus the filtering parameters (desired job and distance).
This is why the unemployaid cookie does not contain any nominative information (your encrypted login information only).
When it’s free, you are the product!
Not always, but a little bit. Unemployaid is a hobby for me. I would be happy to make a living from it, if that were possible. But this is not my priority.
You are part of the product: Let me explain. I do not and will never trade user data, it is a moto. I although refuse to display advertising on our pages because it is polluting the content and drove the idealistic Internet of the 1990s to the current Big Brother for Big Business mess.
On the other hand, unemployaid sells a service to allow coaches or job counsellors to monitor volunteer users. He can "supervise" the user with simple read access to most of its pages and internal messaging. This service is paid-for for coaches. This is why you are a bit of a product, because without you, my users, no coach would pay for this service! ;-)
French law applies to the content and data transmission on and related to this website. The French language version of this Contract shall govern over any translation.
Any legal matter that may arise, and which cannot be resolved through mutual agreement, will be governed by the jurisdiction of French courts.